Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) has on Friday 23rd of November done it again by launching Habari, an app that does more than you could ever imagine. At least, we didn’t expect this new innovation to come from the banking sector. Habari is that online platform that provides users with music streaming, shopping, socializing, banking, and loads of other interesting services.
According to the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Guarantee Trust Bank plc, Segun Agbaje, at Habari Launch in Lagos,
“Habari is not a mobile banking application; it is the start of our journey towards building a platform that connects our customers to everything that they need, and which continues to evolve with their lifestyle.”
“Habari is really the bank that you will create and what you want. There will be people after today who will tell us all the things Habari doesn’t have, but guess what? That is the whole essence of Habari. Habari will never be completed. What we release to you today is what you have told us. But every day you are going to tell us something new, and every day we’re going to evolve and build new things into this platform.”
Some Of The Things Habari Can Do Now
Just as the bank has promised, Habari will in the future be able to do more as users continue to interact with the app. However, what the app offers as of today remains unimaginable. Let’s take a look at some of the mind-blowing stuff you can do on the Habari platform
- Music Streaming (Entertainment)
- Video Streaming (Entertainment)
- E-Wallet Account
- Bills Payment (Mobile Banking)
- Airtime & Data
- Sports and Gaming
- Electricity & Water
- Cable TV
- VISA Fee Payment
- Toll Fees – LCC
- Government Taxes and Levies
- Shopping (e-Commerce)
- Chat (Social)
- You can also enjoy load of other stuff like News Channels, Newspapers, E-Books, and interesting blog articles all in the Habari App
How To Sign Up And Use Habari Now
To use the Habari app, you will need to input your First Name, Last Name, and the desired Username you want to use on the platform (your username is what appears to your contacts when they connect with you). You will also need your date of birth, a 6-digit password, and your BVN.
- Download and install the Habari App from Google Play Store or App Store depending on whether you are using an Android device or iOS
- Launch the Habari app
- Click the hamburger button (the three horizontal lines) at the top left corner of the app
- Click Create Account (I am assuming that you are a new user)
- Fill the form and remember to use a password that is unique and you can remember easily
- After completing the form, submit it and you will be asked to enter an OTP that will be sent to the phone number you added
- Add the OTP and Confirm
- You will now have to enter your 6-digit password twice
That’s it! You are now a registered user of the Habari app. However, you are a step away from enjoying the benefits of the app. The final step is to add your BVN. To do that, click on Pay at the bottom right of the screen, and choose any of the services, e.g. Airtime & Data. You will be prompted to add you BVN.
SIDE NOTE: You can use *565*0# to fetch your BVN.
Enter your BVN and you are good to go.
Verdict & Security Concern
After downloading the app on both my Android phone and iPhone, I can say that it is really amazing. I do understand that some people may be skeptical about adding their BVN on the Habari platform. However, for an app coming from a Bank like GTB, I want to believe that all security issues must have been well considered. Feel free to download the app today. It might save you from having to use a couple of apps to complete multiple tasks. I had a first-hand experience of that.
Let me know if you enjoyed this article. You should also subscribe to my newsletter to get more interesting updates.