Welcome as I introduce to you First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Digital Banking / chatbanking bot, Temi on Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Nigerian banks are now embracing digital and social banking through Artificial Intelligence (AI). Meaning that you can now enjoy the service of a personal assistant on your mobile in a very interactive way. Hopefully more problems will be solved without having to join long queues in different banking halls across the nation. UBA started out as the Best Digital Bank in Africa to launch the first digital banking personal assistant, LEO for the benefits of their customers. In September 2018, LEO became available for customers on WhatsApp platform and could handle tasks such as account opening, balance enquiry, transfers, and other basic banking services.
Now it’s FCMB Chatbanking, and the bank seems to be entering the Digital Banking pool in a big way. Meet Temi, FCMB’s digital banking personal assistant on both Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Good news to Facebook and Telegram users. Good news is people even use Facebook without data these days. Hopefully Temi will answer you.
How to Use FCMB Temi on Facebook Messenger
Open your messenger app
Go to the search bar, type FCMB Temi, and Temi appears first in search result. Go to Facebook here
Click on FCMB Temi, and then Get Started
The first default message from Temi is a “Hello ‘your name’…” message, notifying you that the conversation will be stored, and also presenting you with terms and conditions to accept before you can proceed.
SIDE NOTE: Temi will keep sending you this message as a reply to your messages until you accept the Terms and Conditions. After you have accepted the T&C, then Temi is at your service. Now let’s take a look at some of the things Temi can do that you may not expect.
Just beneath your conversation with FCMB Temi are a list of services Temi offers. You can slide to the left to see the full list. These services include Buy Airtime, Pay Bills, Funds Transfer, Stocks, Balance Enquiry, and Account Opening. How this digital banking bot is able to do all these services is worth seeing. Let’s take a dive into the process.
How to Use FCMB Temi on PC
Open your browser and sign-in to Facebook
Go to Search and type FCMB Temi
Select FCMB Temi
Click on Send Message, and Hollaaaaaar, You are chatbanking with Temi
Buy Airtime with FCMB Temi
The steps to follow are very easy.
- To use FCMB Temi to buy airtime, Simply click the Buy Airtime button below the conversation or type Buy Airtime in the message panel.
- The chatbanking bot will ask you to enter the number you want to recharge.
- Enter the number to proceed
- Confirm the network (i.e. MTN, Airtel, Glo, or Etisalat)
- FCMB Temi will ask you to enter the amount you want to recharge
- Enter the amount to proceed
- The chatbanking bot then brings you 3 options; Pay With Account, Pay With Card, Cancel. You can choose your preferred option. If you choose Pay with Account, then I presume that you must have an account with FCMB. If not, you can open an account in seconds (with just your Bank Verification Number (BVN)).
- When you Select Pay with Account, the FCMB payment platform is loaded in a new window. If it’s your first time, you will have to create a Pin. Once you enter your PIN, a one-time password (OTP) will be generated and sent to the number attached to your Account (or BVN). Enter the OTP and there you go!
Balance Enquiry with FCMB Temi.
All you need it to Select Balance Enquiry or type it in the message panel. Temi will request your PIN on a different window. Enter the correct PIN to see your Account Balance.
Continue reading to see How To Create A New Account in Seconds with FCMB Temi